Germany was rather cloudy and humid today and it did not motivate any of us to do any major tasks. So we decided to bake something super easy but super delicious and have a nice tea party at home with some friends. There is hardly anyone I know, who does not like chocolate and these days our craving is extremely high.
Let us introduce the amazing Chocolate Bread! (We got this recipe from an old lady living right opposite of our house and we cannot thank her enough for sharing her secret with us)
The ingredients for the base are:
250g of Dark Chocolate
250g Ground Almonds
100g All purpose flour
2 tsps Backing powder
The ingredients for the glaze are:
200g Dark Chocolate
60g Palmin (Coconut Butter)
The recipe for the Chocolate Bread is actually easy but is time consuming. So be patient and do not miss out to lick the bowl at the end, as the base is truly delicious!
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
1. Use a knife to chop down the chocolate for the base in little pieces or use baking chocolate chips if you are in a hurry. Put these aside.
2. Beat the butter in a medium sized bowl and add the sugar gradually.
3. Add the eggs one by one to the butter-sugar mixture and make sure that each of the egg is beaten 30 seconds.
Tip: In order to end up with a smooth consistency of the mixture use room temperature eggs.
4. Add the chocolate chips.
5. Sieve the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
6. Add the flour mixture to the egg-butter-sugar mixture and beat until smooth.
7. Put the baking tray into the oven to heat it up. After some minutes remove the tray and butter it. (heating it prior will ensure easy application of the butter)
8. Distribute the batter on the tray, put it in the oven and bake it for 35 minutes.
9. Meanwhile prepare the glaze by chopping down the chocolate and melt it along with the palmin on a slow heat in a pot set in warm water.
10. Once the base is baked, let it cool down.
11. Lastly douse the base with the glaze. The Chocolate Bread is ready!