Big hello to all our followers! We have not been posting any recipes for quite a while and we do apologize for that. As usual life has kept us busy and tons of things were up to do.
Nevertheless we have a splendid new recipe for you. Since many years cupcakes have become enormously popular in the USA, UK and Australia. A short time ago this trend crossed the German borders and has now introduced itself to the German cafe. Cupcakes are small, fluffy and trendy cakes, that are fantastic to serve due to their convenient size.
A fluffy base and a mouth-watering topping are the secrets of a perfect cupcake. The decoration is totally up to you and sets no boundaries for creativity. Be it for yourself, your guests or a bring along to a tea party; cupcakes are always welcome. Create a beautiful coffee shop atmosphere at home, by baking some delicious cupcakes and zipping on a steaming hot cappuccino. These trend setters come in all kinds of variety and make it difficult to decide which type of cupcake one should bake.
Lets not waste too much time, as we are sure your mouth must already be watering. We present Oreo Cakes!
Equipment: Muffin tray for 12 muffins, 12 paper cases, piping bag
Baking time: 30 Minutes on 160°C (top and bottom heat)
12 Oreo Cookies
3 Egg whites (size M)
1 pinch of Salt
1 Pkt. Vanilla sugar
3 Egg yolks (size M)
160g soft Butter
100g All purpose flour
30g Cocoa powder
1/2 Tsp. Baking powder
1 pinch Baking soda
For the topping:
30g Icing sugar
50g soft Butter
400g double Cream Cheese
1. Prepare the muffin tray by laying it out with the paper cases. Pre heat the oven.
2. Separate the Oreo cookies by turning the bottom and the top of it. Scrap out the white filling and collect it in a bowl. 16 cookie halves need to be broken into small pieces (you should be left with 8 unbroken ones, which are later used for the topping)
3. For the cake base beat the egg whites and sugar with a mixer on full speed until stiff. Keep beating the stiff mass and add sugar and vanilla sugar gradually.
4. In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks along with the butter until foamy. Add the broken pieces of Oreo cookies.
5. In another bowl mix the flour, starch, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Now you should have a flour mixture in one bowl, a butter mixture in another bowl and an egg white mixture in a third bowl. You will have to add the flour mixture gradually to the butter mixture and add the 70 ml milk side by side. After all these ingredients are mixed stir in the egg white mixture on lowest speed.
6. Distribute the batter equally in the muffin tray and put it into the middle of the oven. Bake the cakes for around 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes remove the muffin tray from the oven and let them cool. After 5 minutes you can take out the cakes from the tray and let them cool down further.
8. For the topping you need to mix the white Oreo filling, that you had collected before in a bowl, with the butter and icing sugar until creamy. Stir in the double cream cheese.
9. Fill a piping bag with a star nozzle (Ø 12-15 mm) with the cream. Finally spritz the cream on the cakes and decorate it with the leftover dark Oreo cookie halves (8 pieces).