Hello dear followers!
November is over and we cannot wait for the Christmas season to come. This time of the year is our absolute favorite and we are so much looking forward to the day, when the whole family will bake Christmas cookies together. Until then we are indulging over some other recipes, because especially when it is freezing cold outside and you are cozily zipping on a cup of coffee or hot chocolate on the couch you do feel like having something sweet to nibble on side by side.
And this nibble doesn’t necessarily need to be a heavy snack, but how about something just the size of finger food, light, fluffy and super delicious, matching this winter season? If you are indeed feeling the exact same way as we are, than we might have the perfect sweet nibble ready for you today: French Macaroons.
Recipe for 24 Macaroons
Equipment: Piping Bake, Spatula, Baking tray, Baking paper
3 Egg whites
200g Icing Sugar
120g Almond Flour
Pinch of Salt
Food Color (up to you which color you would like your macaroons to have, we chose green!)
75g powdered Sugar
150g fresh Raspberries
1. Preheat the oven 150°C.
2. Beat the egg whites until foamy (make sure your eggs have room temperature).
3. Add salt and the sugar gradually and keep mixing. In the end add 2-3 drops of food color.
4. Mix the almond flour and icing sugar in a separate bowl and sift it.
5. Fold the flour mixture into the egg white mixture with a spatula until no bumps of flour can be seen.
6. Transfer the batter to a pastry bag.
7. Line your baking tray with baking paper and pipe out 1 inch rounds.
8. Tap the tray hard for a couple of times on your counter top to release the air bubbles and prevent the macaroons from cracking.
9. Let the rounds rest for 20-30 minutes.
10. Bake the macaroons for 20 minutes.
11. Whip butter with a mixer until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar.
12. Work the fresh raspberries through a sieve in a separate bowl to release their juice (around 3 tablespoons)
13. Add the raspberry juice to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until combined. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag.
14. After the macaroons are baked flip them around and pipe a small amount of your raspberry cream on one side and top it with the other half of the macaroon.
Your French Macaroons are ready to be served and eaten! Enjoy!